This easy shrimp boil combines potatoes and corn with sliced sausages and shrimp to create a flavorful one-pot meal. Bay seasoning, a fragrant blend of herbs and spices, enhances the taste.
- 6 Tbs. Old Bay or other crab boil seasoning
- 2 large yellow onions, quartered
- 1 garlic head, unpeeled and halved crosswise
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 lb. small red-skinned potatoes
- 4 ears of corn, each cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 lb. smoked pork or chicken sausages, cut into slices 1 inch thick
- 3 lb. large shrimp, unpeeled and tails intact
Simmer the potatoes
Fill a large pot with water and set over high heat. Add the Old Bay seasoning, onions, garlic and lemons and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook the shrimp
Add the corn and sausages to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the shrimp, cover and let stand until opaque, about 4 minutes. Drain all the ingredients in a colander, then return them to the pot or a large serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, One Pot, by Carrolyn Carreño (Oxmoor House, 2008).